The Wife of the Vice President,Mrs. Matilda Amissah Arthur has charged librarians in the country to add value to themselves by embracing the task of keeping up with new trends in the information sourcing industry and the changing face of library services in the country.
Pupils of the Reading Club of the La Nkwatanang Cluster of Schools were treated to an exciting experience when the Ghana Library Authority visited them with their mobile library van on Friday, 21st March 2014. The presence of the mobile van was part of the Authority’s support for the Presidential Flagship reading project initiated by the Ghana Library Association.
The Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries, Ghana (CARLIGH) is pleased to announce that the 1st International Conference of the Consortium will be held in Accra, Ghana from 14-18 July 2014 as part of its 10th Anniversary celebrations.
Theme and sub-themes
The theme for the Conference is: “Innovation for access to information”.
The sub-themes for the Conference are:
- Library integration and resource sharing
- Technology driven information services – E-resources, Institutional Repository, Open Access
- The 21st Century Librarian – satisfying the needs of varied users
- Social media in libraries and information service delivery
- Impact of social media on socio-economic development
- Innovative library marketing and collaboration
- Agricultural information management